- Insert the Windows 8 DVD into your optical drive and restart your computer, tap the F12 key repeatedly until the Please Select Boot Device: menu appears. Select CD/DVD/CD-RW Device and press Enter.
- The Windows 8 Setup appears.
- Select Language to install, Time and currency format, and Keyboard or input method and select Next.
- Select Install Now.
The Product Key screen appears.
Locate your Product Key and type it into the box provided, then click Next to continue.
The Product Key is a 25 character sequence, separated by dashes.
At the Which Type of Installation do you Want screen, select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- At Where do you want to Install Windows? screen, select Drive options (advanced). Remember that the next step will delete all existing information on your computer so be sure to back up what you want to keep. For a clean installation, delete all partitions that are shown by highlighting them one at a time and selecting Delete. After you have deleted all partitions select Unallocated Space and then select New. Click Apply to create your new Windows 8 partitions, then click Next.
- Windows will now be freshly installed on your computer.
- Your computer will restart several times. This may take some time to complete installation.
This article provides a step-by-step guide for performing a clean install of Windows 8 on a computer,